Friday, June 26, 2009

Just another day

Well i finally got my new computer, so now to continue from where i left off!

I know not all children are the same, i have a child who is never to going to be like all the others in the class and the other children are generally pretty good with her... except one (there always has to be one).

When i first realised Chloe was having trouble with another girl in class, i told her not to worry about it, that not everyone gets along, that there will always be someone who doesn't want to be your friend and that it was ok because 99% of people who meet her love her.

I listened to the problems she said she was having with this girl and didn't think it was any big deal. Then i went to watch sports day, that was when i realized how out of control i had allowed things to get. In a matter of minutes of playing near this child my daughter was kicked (in the head) and then "spat on"!!!! I did make immediate contact with the teachers.

I don't know how to say this with the words having a gentle meaning. This child's mother is a drug addict who has lost custody of her children, this girl now lives with her grandparents who are also not the best influences. I realize this girl has had a hard life and has an unstable future, but when did that become an acceptable reason for bullying or a lack of discipline by the teachers and the school.

Am i wrong? Am i being too harsh? If any other child did it they would be suspended, she gets told to "be nice".. I feel horrible for saying it, cause my own family has dealt with drug related parenting issues, and i know it is not easy. I want to take her in and cuddle, care for and teach her right from wrong, but i also want my baby treated with the respect she deserves!

Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment